If you’ve got 2 kids like twins, you must know that it is not easy to take them out to do some shopping or roam around. I mean one is about to kick your ass, but two? So this is where a best double stroller comes into play. It offers your infants or toddlers equal convenience and comfort with its uniquely designed standing or sitting places. It also serves as an extra layer of protection against some potential danger outside.
However, it could be a bit overwhelming for you to pick the most suitable dual stroller from so many choices out there in the market. A wrong decision could waste your bucks, and more importantly, put the safety of your kids at risk. So this is why I build this site to help you choose the most suitable double stroller for you and your children with the ultimate double stroller reviews and comparison guide.
Top Three Best Double Umbrella Strollers 2019
Britax B-Agile Double Stroller – Elegant
As you can see in the picture, the first word that comes to your mind might be “elegant” or “compact”. Yes, Britax B-Agile Double Stroller is the kind that will set you apart from the sea of black strollers. However, it is nothing like a white elephant.
You can easily fold it and walk it through narrow doorways or areas, it even fits through a standard door. It offers you more maneuverability than many competitors as it comes with flexible and adjustable handle bar that has foams on the grip. Your kids will enjoy a comfortable and smooth ride provided by the swivel wheels and suspension system.
It is really lightweight, and a human being of upper limit of 30 lbs for lifting could get it in and out of the car with ease. Besides, it comes with the so called “Click & Go system” to be compatible with a Britax Infant Car Seat and huge canopy shades to protect your kids from the sun.
All in all, it have strong reasons to be one of the best double strollers on the market – affordable price, elegant and compact shape, flexible handle bar etc.
BOB Revolution SE Duallie Stroller – Versatile
If you are searching for a versatile double jogging stroller that you could jog with or walk to different kinds of zones like the mall, the zoo or the beach, then you’d probably love the Bob Revolution SE Duallie Stroller. You could have superior maneuverability with its swiveling front whee which can turn 360 degrees. You can also lock it for increased stability when jogging.
It has several ways to make your kids love it. First of all, he/she will really appreciate the smooth ride that the adjustable suspension system offers, since the shock absorbers will filter majority of the vibration to ensure a comfortable ride. Secondly. he/she will feel good in the adjustable, padded reclining seats with additional padding at the headrest. Besides, you also have added safety by using the rear-wheel brake system in case of emergency.
You can transport and store it easily for its compact and easy-to-fold design. Additionally, it has an exclusive handy storage options for you to store anything such as snacks, wallets and bottles. However, it could be a bit heavy for many parents, which is not a deal breaker, though.
Contours Optima Aluminum Tandem Stroller
Just like most parents, the primary reason to buy a tandem double umbrella stroller might be to accommodate your growing family. As you already know, it is never easy for any parents to take their kids of different ages out without a double stroller for infant and toddler.
That is why you might be interested in the Contours Optima tandem stroller which is built to offer huge flexibility to your family. The biggest benefit is that you are able to position the reversible seats six different ways to meet your needs. Besides, it comes with extra big storage basket to carry your stuff.
Side by Side or Tandem? Which Type Do You Prefer?
As you might already know, there are primarily two types of double strollers. They are designed to meet the different needs which we will discuss later. Additionally, you might also have come across a unique type of tandem strollers – Sit and Stand strollers. Each type comes with its own benefits, and can bring you convenience for years.
1) Tandem Double Strollers
A tandem stroller allows you to navigate through narrow areas like doorways much more easily as one of the seats is arranged in front of the other. Normally, the front one is a little lower than the other one so that the baby sitting there could enjoy a better sight.
Controlling and pushing a tandem dual stroller is easy for you because it comes with a narrow handle, and you will find it convenient to store in the closet or the car. You can even adjust the front seat to make two kids be facing each other so that they can enjoy a little playtime.
2) Side by side double strollers
Your kids sit in a line in this traditional styled double stroller. They are usually lightweight and easy to fold. You can get your kids in and out of them more easily. It is a perfect solution if your two little ones are about the same weight. More importantly, you can totally trust them when walking on grass or other uneven surfaces as they are more stable and less likely to tip over.
However, they could a little bulky than tandem strollers for twins when folded. But you won’t have any trouble in fitting them in the truck of your car as many of them are equipped with easy pop-off wheels.
3) Sit and Stand Dual Strollers
Those who’ve got an infant and another older kid usually go for this type. There is a platform in the back seat so that the older one could stand on it. It is just a special type of tandem double strollers.
How To Find The Most Suitable Double Stroller For Your Kids?
- Which type is suited for your kids? This might be the very first question you need to ask yourself. For example, if you’ve got twins, then the side-by-side types are the most suitable. Besides, the age difference will also decide the type more or less. In other words, if the big brother is 3 years older than his sister, then it is wise to go for a tandem or sit and stand double stroller.
- Where will you use the double stroller most frequently? Do you shop frequently in big malls with wide entryways or smaller stores with narrow doorways? All-terrain double strollers with three wheels can still offer you a comfortable ride and pushing ease even when on the beach or grass.
- Are your kids fit well in it? Never forget to check out the maximum and minimum weight limits of the product you are reviewing. For the maximum weight recommendation, most parents will prefer the one that will last for a while as the kids grow. What is more important is to make sure that there is enough space for their heads and feet to ensure the comfort of them, if they are tall.
- How about your strength? As you might already know, there are lots of bulky double strollers out there.
- Is it safe for your kids? Can you easily operate the brakes with only one hand or foot? Is it stable enough to avoid roll-over? Are the straps adequate to keep your infants or toddlers safe? Can you extend the sun canopies to keep the sun and rain away from your baby?
- Does the handle bar fit your height? This is kind of a lesson from me. When I got my first double stroller, I ended up realizing that the fixed handle made me uncomfortable because I am a little above average. Your best bet is to go for the one with adjustable handlebars if you are cool with some extra cost. Besides, padded handle bars make it comfortable and easier to push them.
- Seats are the key to your children’s comfort. Are they well-padded? Make sure that they have enough padding or your kids might not feel like sitting on them. Always go for the seats with soft cover material and stay away from the ones that are overly decorated. Seats with removable seat covers will make it easy for cleaning. Besides, do they offer extra support for the back and neck of your kids?
- Does it offer adequate storage area and is it within the reach of your arm? Many parents always like to load the strollers with something – food, water, diapers, toys or even baby monitors. That is why you might need a large storage area.
A best double stroller could save your ass as it provides so much convenience when taking your kids out. It is always a good idea to check out the list above and read the reviews from other parents just like you on Amazon to decide on the most fitting product for your family.